Unterschied zwischen LED- und Xenon-Scheinwerfern

• Hi, I can't sing the statements mentioned above at all.

I had the F10 with adaptive dual Xenon lights, now I have the adaptive LED lights.

It might be asubjective feeling, but the difference is remarkable. To my feeling the LED lights are something like 100% brighter.
    But the technical data underlines my experience:
    -Xenon at BMW has: 5500 Lumen
    -LED: About 10.000 Lumen...

The colour of the light is much more convenient to my taste. With the Xenons I also often had the feeling that they are flickering a little bit in some situations. That is completely not the case with LED.

The biggest advantage of the adaptive LED light is, that you drive with high-beam almost all the time. Cars in front are "cut out".
    On the motorway the feeling, compared to Xenon, is even more impressive. Cars on the opposite lane are excluded.
    On your side at least 400-500m of the street are bright. You can compare it like driving with high-beam with the Xenons.
    For me the change to LED light was an absolute impressive experience.

• The biggest advantage of the adaptive LED light is, that you drive with high-beam almost all the time. Cars in front are "cut out".
    On the motorway the feeling, compared to Xenon, is even more impressive. Cars on the opposite lane are excluded.

The adaptive xenon lights do exactly the same.

Funny that I had the exact opposite experience considering "flickering" - to my eyes the LEDs are unbearable at night because they are flickering. And I find the purple edge on border of the lit area very irritating.

Do you have a source for your claims concerning the lumens of the headlights?

aktuell: 2015 BMW F11 535d Touring, 2005 BMW E61 530i Touring 6-Gang Schalter, 2011 Cadillac CTS-V
    gone: 1991 Pontiac Trans Am GTA 5,0l, 2001 BMW E39 530i 5-Gang Touring, 1996 Pontiac Firebird WS6 5,7l 6-Gang, 1995 Chevrolet Impala SS 5,7l, 1998 BMW E39 540i 6-Gang 4,4l Limo, 1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA Notchback 5-Gang 5,0l, 1990 Chevrolet Corvette C4 5,7l, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4,7l

• The adaptive xenon lights do exactly the same.

No, absolutely not a little bit. The Xenons turn the light cone to exclude other cars. This only works to a certain extend then they switch to low beam automatically.
    No comparison to the LED. They turn off certain LED fields to exclude cars in the front. You can see a "square" on the cars that is dark.

Do you have a source for your claims concerning the lumens of the headlights?

After watching this video...

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

...a friend of mine who still has the Xenons in his BMW (F11) and has the equipment tried the same with our cars.
    Measurement was not in laboratory environment. But with a result of approximately double light performance it needs no laboratory to say that one light seems to be brighter.

• The adaptive xenon lights do exactly the same.

No they do not exactly the same.. Here's how BMW's Adaptive LED headlights work..

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Money can't buy happiness, but somehow, its more comfortable to cry in a BMW than on a bicycle!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Xaladilnik ()

• I decided against LED in 2014 when I bought my Car new based on tests read that really didn’t make a good case for the 1st Gen LED’s. They are better now on the G30’s so I would probably go there now.

I have the standard Xenon’s with High Beam assist which works fine, only issue I have is that Highway signs are really reflected too much, 2nd Gen LED’s are more selective around this.

Takeaway is if you are looking at a used Car this would not be a sticky point in my opinion.

I also did not choose Sunroof, Comfort Seats and HUD wanting a more classic look without all the heavy and expensive extras.

Did get variable Shocks and Nappa Leather though.

Should have gotten DAB Radio, use my iPhone for Internet Radio and that works OK now.

MFG,
    MunichMark
    2014 535XD
    Luxury Line
    Alpinweiss / Mocca
    AC Schnitzer FW 30-30
    Race Chip GTS Black - Eingetragen
    18" Pirelli PZ4 SC
    18” Michelin PA4 Winter

• With the "selective Highbeam" adaptive Xenon headlights do exactly the same.
    Pre LCI didn't have that feature, only LCI.

I did not know that either. I was only talking about the felt difference coming from a 2011 F10 with Bi-Xenon to a 2014 F11 with Adaptive LED lights. I also had an Mercedes E-Class with this "Inteligent Multibeam Lights" as rental car. There ist a very noticable advantage in comparison to the BMW. This lights exclude cars in front very precisely.

Takeaway is if you are looking at a used Car this would not be a sticky point in my opinion.

Absolutely! So did I. I bought my F11 from 2014 as used car. And the Adaptive LED was included. Nice to have but nothing I would base my decision on, when buying a used car. If I could choose the Mercedes Lights in the BMW it would be a must have. This is almost a reason to buy an E-Class next time.

• The Lumen values are absolutely wrong! Xenon has a Lumen value of around 3200. I don´t know the lumens of LED headlights, but I have read something around 4000. I think these high values are for the LED high beam.

The color Temperature is amazing. Pure white. But the feeling with the ILS System in a Mercedes V-Class is sobering. The "light carpet" is not as wide as xenon and it doesn´t feel so much brighter. For me there is no need for LED now! Maybe the G30 Generation is a lot better. Have to take a test drive 8)

As previous speakers have already said, the LCI has adaptive high beam assist. It masks the oncoming traffic and works like a charme, i am very impressed. :)