Unterschied zwischen LED- und Xenon-Scheinwerfern

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Unterschied zwischen LED- und Xenon-Scheinwerfern

Hallo Leute,

Ich hoffe es ist okay wenn ich schreibe auf Englisch...

Can someone tell me if there is a big difference in brightness, between LED-Scheinwerfer and Xenon-Scheinwerfer on the BMW F10? Particularly with the low-beam headlights, not the high-beam headlights.

I'm referring to the factory LED headlights which are available from 2014 models after the facelift, compared to the factory Xenon headlights (ie. not aftermarket solutions).

I understand that LED headlights are supposed to be brighter, but I'd like to know how much brighter? Like 10%, or 50%, or 100% (twice) as bright, for example?

I'm searching to buy a used F10. I have seen a 2014 model with Adaptive LED-Scheinwerfer, and also a 2013 model with Adaptive Xenon-Scheinwerfer, which is a little cheaper. So I want to know how much of a difference the LED headlights will make for driving at nighttime. How much more of the road will they illuminate with the low-beams?

Thanks!

""
    • Hi!

The only benefit of the LED-headlights, compared to the Xenon-headlights ist, the adaptive curvelight. (and the look of them).

In brightness you actually have no real benefit. Get a good Xenon-bulb and you'll have the same output.

Only with laser-headlights you have a better brightness. But that's not possible to retrofit in our cars...

• GermanKiwi schrieb:

I understand that LED headlights are supposed to be brighter, but I'd like to know how much brighter? Like 10%, or 50%, or 100% (twice) as bright, for example?
      They are supposed to be brighter - truth is, they are not. As Altin already stated: get a good xenon bulb and you will easily achieve more output from the headlights compared to the LEDs.

The adaptive curvelight is also included in the advanced xenon headlights. So it basically boils down the the different look. The LED headlights also feature LED turn signals as opposed to the halogen turn signals on the xenon headlights with the LCI. Pre-LCI models have LED turn signals with the xenon headlights.
      aktuell: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 Collectors Edition 5,7l 6-Gang, 2015 BMW F11 535d Touring
      gone: 1991 Pontiac Trans Am GTA 5,0l, 2001 BMW E39 530i 5-Gang Touring, 1996 Pontiac Firebird WS6 5,7l 6-Gang, 1995 Chevrolet Impala SS 5,7l, 1998 BMW E39 540i 6-Gang 4,4l Limo, 1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA Notchback 5-Gang 5,0l, 1990 Chevrolet Corvette C4 5,7l, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4,7l
    • Thanks, that's very helpful!

Both of you have stated that if I "get a good Xenon bulb" then it will be just as bright as the LED lights. Do you mean that the factory Xenon bulbs are not as bright as some aftermarket bulbs? So if I bought a car with Xenon lights, you would recommend that I replace them with aftermarket Xenon bulbs (eg. Osram or Philips?) to get some extra brightness from them?

• No - we stated that the xenons will be a brighter than the LEDs with good xenon bulbs, not equally bright. As a matter of fact the xenons are brighter from the factory than the LEDs.

The main reason to replace the bulbs is the fact that they degrade over time. Since all F10/F11s are somewhat used cars nowadays, the bulbs will be less bright than they were from the factory. It's adviseable to replace them anyway. Since it's a bit of a pain in the ass to replace them on the LCI model I will sync the replacement with changing from winter to summer tires.

Get xenon headlights for brightness and good light at night, get LED headlights for the looks. Thats basically to what it boils down.

aktuell: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 Collectors Edition 5,7l 6-Gang, 2015 BMW F11 535d Touring
      gone: 1991 Pontiac Trans Am GTA 5,0l, 2001 BMW E39 530i 5-Gang Touring, 1996 Pontiac Firebird WS6 5,7l 6-Gang, 1995 Chevrolet Impala SS 5,7l, 1998 BMW E39 540i 6-Gang 4,4l Limo, 1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA Notchback 5-Gang 5,0l, 1990 Chevrolet Corvette C4 5,7l, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4,7l
    • Okay, so (with new bulbs) Xenons will be brighter - that's really good to know! Brightness at night is my main concern, so I think I'll go for a car with Xenons, and buy new bulbs for it, as you advised.

I guess a brand like Philips or Osram would be suitable? Or ss there any particular brand or type of bulb that is usually recommended to use for replacement?

• The currently probably brightest xenon lamp in the market is the Osram Nightbreaker Laser D1S.

Marketing says 200% more light output compared to standard xenon. Absolutely no way, but a lot brighter with a nice color temperature (around 4.500 kelvin).

When there is no need for certification then the best choice will be the Osram Cool Blue Boost. Extremely bright with around real 6.000 kelvin color temperature.

• Hi, I can't sing the statements mentioned above at all.

I had the F10 with adaptive dual Xenon lights, now I have the adaptive LED lights.

It might be asubjective feeling, but the difference is remarkable. To my feeling the LED lights are something like 100% brighter.
      But the technical data underlines my experience:
      -Xenon at BMW has: 5500 Lumen
      -LED: About 10.000 Lumen...

The colour of the light is much more convenient to my taste. With the Xenons I also often had the feeling that they are flickering a little bit in some situations. That is completely not the case with LED.

The biggest advantage of the adaptive LED light is, that you drive with high-beam almost all the time. Cars in front are "cut out".
      On the motorway the feeling, compared to Xenon, is even more impressive. Cars on the opposite lane are excluded.
      On your side at least 400-500m of the street are bright. You can compare it like driving with high-beam with the Xenons.
      For me the change to LED light was an absolute impressive experience.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von danris ()

• danris schrieb:

The biggest advantage of the adaptive LED light is, that you drive with high-beam almost all the time. Cars in front are "cut out".
      On the motorway the feeling, compared to Xenon, is even more impressive. Cars on the opposite lane are excluded.
      The adaptive xenon lights do exactly the same.

Funny that I had the exact opposite experience considering "flickering" - to my eyes the LEDs are unbearable at night because they are flickering. And I find the purple edge on border of the lit area very irritating.

Do you have a source for your claims concerning the lumens of the headlights?
    • FlorianGee schrieb:

No, absolutely not a little bit. The Xenons turn the light cone to exclude other cars. This only works to a certain extend then they switch to low beam automatically.
      No comparison to the LED. They turn off certain LED fields to exclude cars in the front. You can see a "square" on the cars that is dark.

FlorianGee schrieb:

Do you have a source for your claims concerning the lumens of the headlights?
      After watching this video...

...a friend of mine who still has the Xenons in his BMW (F11) and has the equipment tried the same with our cars.
      Measurement was not in laboratory environment. But with a result of approximately double light performance it needs no laboratory to say that one light seems to be brighter.
    • FlorianGee schrieb:

No they do not exactly the same.. Here's how BMW's Adaptive LED headlights work..

Money can't buy happiness, but somehow, its more comfortable to cry in a BMW than on a bicycle!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Xaladilnik ()

• ANZEIGE