Frage zu Aktivlenkung und Integral-Aktivlenkung

• Bitte entschuldigt, dass ich auf Englisch schreibe...... 8o

I have a question regarding "Integral-Aktivlenkung" or Integral Active Steering, which is included as an optional extra feature (Sonderausstattung) on the F10 cars, according to the BMW Preisliste.

In the following video, a man describes Integral Active Steering:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

At 0:18 seconds into the video, he says "BMW's Integral Active Steering adds speed-sensitive rear-wheel steering to BMW's Active Steering system."

He goes on to describe "regular" Active Steering as being the feature that gives a greater steering response from the car for a small turn of the steering wheel, at low speeds. So the amount you need to turn the steering wheel varies depending on the speed of the car.

And he explains that Integral Active Steering means that in addition to the above, the rear tires also turn slightly too.

It's clear that he considers "Integral" Active Steering to be a separate and additional feature compared to regular Active Steering.

My question is this: if Integral Active Steering is an optional feature on the F10 (according to the Price List), does this mean regular Active Steering is already included in the F10 as a standard factory feature by default? So even if an F10 doesn't have Integral Active Steering, it will still always have regular Active Steering?

Or does it mean that if an F10 doesn't have Integral Active Steering, then it doesn't have regular Active Steering either?

• F1x series does not have "Active steering". Not even as an extra. The e60's had that.

Every F1x has servotronic as standard.

With the IAL (integral active steering) you have two different functions. In lower velocity the rear wheels turn in the opposite way, to reduce the turning radius - in greater velocity they turn the same direction up to 3°

(If you turn your steering wheel left, your rear wheels will turn left too, when you're on the Highway e.g., in city it'd be the other way round - steering wheel left, rear wheels right, again up to 3°)

• Thanks for the tip about servotronic - I wasn't so familiar with that technology, so I just did some further reading about it.

I found this article about servotronic:
    http://www.bavarianmw.com/guide-4447.html
    "The Servotronic varies the steering force required to turn the wheels relative to the vehicle speed."

And this article about "regular" active steering (not IAL):
    http://www.bavarianmw.com/guide-4446.html
    "Active steering varies the turning angle of the front wheels in relation to steering wheel movements. It also varies the steering force required to turn the wheels depending on the speed at which you are driving."

So it seems that servotronic is a subset of active steering. Servotronic controls the force required on the steering wheel, whereas active steering controls both the force and the turning angle required on the steering wheel. Both of these are related to the front wheels, not the rear wheels.

And Integral active steering (IAL) adds the feature of turning the rear wheels, as you described.

So on the F10, you can either have servotronic (as standard), or full IAL (as an option), but not the regular active steering that previous generations had. Thanks for confirming this to me!