F11 530D production year 08/2010 preheating control unit, output stage error (241F00)

• Dear BMW experts,

When reading out my BMW (F11 530D production year 08/2010) using ISTA I was getting an error concerning the glow plugs. See screenshot below (241F00). Preheating control unit: preheating control unit, output stage, cylinder 1, faulty. Sometimes cylinder 4 also comes up with the same error.

Things I have done so far:

1) I thought it would be the glow plug itself so I replaced it but was giving the same error

2) Removed the connector on cylinder 1 than it’s giving me the error that there is an open circuit

3) Placed the connector of cylinder 1 one the top of cylinder 3. It is giving me the same error as above

All those things above made me think that it isn’t the glow plug itself but the controller.

Now I have some questions concerning this error.

A) Do you guys also think it is the controller?

B) I read on the website with BMW that you can’t combine Bosch and Beru for example. Glow plug unit and glow plugs (see screenshot). Is this really a problem? Can I buy HERTH+BUSS or Hitachi?

pasted-from-clipboard.png

C) On the internet I read everywhere that when there is a problem in the DDE ECU the car won’t regenerate its DPF. When I read out the DDE I don’t see any problem with this or am I missing something?

pasted-from-clipboard.png

Thanks for your help in advance!

Happy easter!

• Vielen Dank für die Antwort.

Können Sie anhand der Fehlermeldung erkennen, dass der Controller defekt ist?

Kann ich ein HERTH+BUSS- oder Hitachi-Steuergerät mit Bosch-Glühkerzen kombinieren?

• Im E87 mit dem M47 Motor meiner Freundin haben wir Bosch Glühkerzen und ein Hitachi Steuergerät verbaut, funktioniert bis jetzt einwandfrei.

• He guys,

Just replaced the unit. Ordered an original. The fault was intermittent so hopefully it's gone for good. Was a lot of fiddling.

What really surprised me was the production date of the old unit (see picture). This is aug 2017. So if this is the first one that has been replaced then the original one had a lifetime of (production of car okt 2010) approximately 7 years. The one I replaced today only had a lifetime of 5 years.

Really weird that these units life so short. Not sure why. Hopefully this is the culpri

Thanks!