Beiträge von GermanKiwi

Hi people,

My 2013 535ix has a Standheizung. As you will know, it's possible to enable the "Activate start time 1" and "Activate start time 2" in the iDrive, so that the Standheizung begins automatically at a preset time.

However, these two timers disable themselves each day after they have activated, which is annoying.

Is it possible to change this behaviour with coding, so that the timers run every day without disabling themselves afterwards? So far I haven't found any info on this, so I guess it's probably not possible.

Hello Leute,

Bitte mein Englisch entschuldigen.... :D

I have a 2013 pre-LCI 535iX with the standard fog lights at the front:
    foglights.jpg

However, one of the fog lights seems to be aiming too high, and I am wondering if it is possible to adjust their aim?

For example, the main headlights can be adjusted up and down by turning a special screw under the hood. Is there anything like this for the fog lights? Or any other method I could use?

Hi!
    Your TMS is 100% grilled. You will have to buy a new one.

Hi back! :)

Can you elaborate on this? Why are you certain that the TMS is completely broken? If the error messages go away one day after the autowash, and everything works correctly after this, surely it means that the TMS is working correctly still, and I only need to fix the leak?

If the TMS was completely grilled, then I would expect to have these error messages all the time - right? ;)

Hello Leute,

Bitte mein Englisch entschuldigen.... :)

I hope someone can help me with troubleshooting this problem...

Earlier this year, I bought a 2013 BMW F10 (pre-LCI) with xenon adaptive headlights. Since then, I've taken it to the autowash at Aral once a month.

The first couple of times I used the autowash, there was no problem. But last month I took it again to the autowash, and when I started the engine afterwards, I got four separate error messages on the instrument panel - one after the other:

• Adaptive Headlights failure
    • Turn indicator front right failure
    • Side/daytime lights fault
    • Headlight vertical aim control failure

Additionally, when I used the right-hand indicator (blinker), it made the indicating noise twice as fast as normal. But the left-hand indicator worked correctly.

These four error messages repeated every time I started or stopped the engine, for the remainer of that day. But the next day they were gone, and the right-hand indicator was working correctly again too. So I didn't do anything further, because I assumed it was just a temporary glitch.

However, this week I took it back to the autowash and the exact same thing happened: afterwards I got the same four errors on my instrument panel, and the right-hand indicator blinked twice as fast, and the following day the errors were gone.

Now I'm worried that perhaps there is a leak somewhere in the car, and water from the autowash is somehow getting into an area where it should not be, and causing this problem. And I'm worried that it could cause more serious or more permanent damage if I don't fix it.

However, I have no idea which part of the car is responsible for these errors, and where I should look to try and find a leak.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Nope, genau in der Mitte des Staufaches ;-)Mit Stopfen schließen wäre möglich, aber genauso sichtbar..

Befinden sich die Schrauben (und ihre Löcher) unter dem Ascher oder auf der Seite des Aschers?

Ich hatte angenommen, dass sie sich unter dem Ascher befinden - durch den Boden des Aschers hindurch - in diesem Fall wären die Löcher nicht sichtbar, weil das Staufach zu tief ist.

Aber wenn sich die Schraubenlöcher auf der Seite des Aschers - und damit auf der Seite des Staufachbereichs - befinden, dann kann ich verstehen, dass sie sichtbar wären. :)