BMW F11 530D faults after tune (25C800 exaust gas pressure sensor diesel particulate filter: Sensor drift out of balance and 245400 particulate-filter system: minimum differentieal

• Just FYI…

Before Tuning BMW Diesels it is always good to first to assure that the EGR Tract is not all Coked up with Carbon deposits. If > 100K Miles without cleaning it’s probably time anyway.

Reputable Tuners will always ask this question first… Fact is few do.

MFG,
    MunichMark
    2014 535XD
    Luxury Line
    Alpinweiss / Mocca
    AC Schnitzer FW 30-30
    Race Chip GTS Black - Eingetragen
    18" Pirelli PZ4 SC
    18” Michelin PA4 Winter

• Dear MunichMark,

Unfortunately my distribution chain snapped around 40K kms ago. The cylinder head of the engine has been refurbished, chains has been replaced. Oil pump replaced. Inlet camshaft replaced, rocker arms, valves, timing case cover, etc....

The inlet has been completely cleaned and was extremely dirty. To overcome this I now asked the tuner to only open the EGR valve during regen. But now I have this annoying error which I don't get.

Maybe just flash the original file and see what happens. The strange thing is it only started after a couple of hundred kilometers so maybe it's just a faulty sensor. It would be this one than I guess (see screenshot)

pasted-from-clipboard.png

• Well, now we hear more of the story… Trying to help here but not easy… Could be the DPF is pretty clogged up already… Could be a Sensor but more than likely really clogged with Particulates… You could try a manual burn or two and if that does not help then manual cleaning or replace.

Another thought is… were all Motor Adaptions reset after all these works ?

just my 2 cents here… AltinB is also a very good reference here on issues like this.

MFG,
    MunichMark
    2014 535XD
    Luxury Line
    Alpinweiss / Mocca
    AC Schnitzer FW 30-30
    Race Chip GTS Black - Eingetragen
    18" Pirelli PZ4 SC
    18” Michelin PA4 Winter

• I did a manual burn which worked good with significantly less 1.66 gram after manual. Will try it again.

Another thought is… were all Motor Adaptions reset after all these works ? = I don't know. I did a reset of all adaptations of the sensors with ISTA hopefully this helps.

Maybe AltinB1306 knows something. Maybe just first ask the tuner to restore default map. On the other hand the sensor number 5 (

13627808013) aftermarket is not that expensive. Will keep you guys up to date.