N57D30A Problem

• Means the new one -03 is a new revision. The question now is (and maybe a BMW mechanic may know that) you can mix 02 and 03 revisions?

In my car for example (what is a 8 cyl) it was not allowed to mix revisions. Two where defect and they had to change all eight of them. Your local BMW dealer should maybe know, if not some pro in the forum here.

Your second problem with putting D in and nothing happend I think is not injector related. More likely a software problem. Allways imagine that your car runs on kinda WindowsXP system. Windows XP because all the DME software of BMW is quite beta, is rockold, was never realy finished and likes to hang and play crazy at least once a year. Reseting the system (reboot -> lock car, walk away with the key (if not the car still reads the key and it wont work)), let it sit for at least 15min usualy reboots the system).

• Many thanks for every advice. As i know my car has the oldest software (never been update). I would like to do that soon. About revision in injectors, i dont think it will be a problem (but im also not a pro...). On both injectors there is exactly the same symptoms.

• Ok, if the 02 and 03 injector comes up with the same problem, maybe mixing them is not an issue.

I would maybe pin down the problem runing engine idle tests with ista. switching injectors from cyl 3 to 4 or 2 to 3, whatever and see the error follows. It is also likely that there is a bad connection in the wiring or something else. I removed the connector from the DME twice and had some fuzy contact afterwards what was very hard to pin down. Actualy had to diagnose each pin with a multimeter for connectivity and right voltage. When the error does not follow to another cylinder and stays on cyl 3 then maybe there is a sensor or a cable/wiring problem.

• You could disconnect the plug from the AFM. It will cause a failure and engine runs in failsafe mode (maybe you have to clear afterward with ista). If your problem is still the same in failsafe mode, you can exclude some sensor problems like water temp senser, etc. If engine runs smooth in failsafe mode, you have to look on some temp oder pressure sensors.

Ich bin nicht die Signatur. Wie komme ich hier wieder raus?

• Tomorrow i will check it. The reason is that in the ISTA i dont have any errors from ECU ?(. Even when i tryed to do a test with ISTA when engine is shaking, still no errors.

• for example... if your water temp sensor says 60° Watertemp your engine will not run smooth after start. And no error will be shown, because 60° water is possible and reasonable. Only for example... The watertempsensor is a possible cause, but unfortunately..., there are many other possible causes.

Check the sensors as far you can. AFM, Pressure sensors, Temp sensor... you can have a look to the values in ista.

hope you understand my german "english" ;)

Ich bin nicht die Signatur. Wie komme ich hier wieder raus?

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Harakiri ()

• Harakiri, Your "German English" is enough for me :) Mine is also poor ;)

I will check that sensors in this week

PS: Maybe its a EGR /AGR problem?

• Hi guys !

Two days ago i did updates all softwares in my car. Now i have the highest level in my car, and? - NO SHAKING the engine on the cold start!!!! :)