F11 530D production year 08/2010 completely dead relay 30 problem?

• Dear Experts,

Today I checked my rear suspension and drive a couple of meters after this without any problems. In the evening I would like to go for a ride but the car is completely dead. Not opening with key, no lights, no dashboard, no nothing.

There is a loud ticking and it seems to be coming from a relay I guess. I think it is this relay: Relay, Terminal 30B Z2_1 (RealOEM.com - Online BMW Parts Catalog)

Screenshot_20220504-193003_Signal.jpg

It stopped maybe it drained the battery.

1) Do you guys have any idea how to continue?

2) Pull the relay? Test it?

3) Can I open the back of a station (F11) without any key couldn't find a release mechanism so I can access the battery

4) Could it have something to do that I jacked the rear of the car at the tow bar and than put it on stands?

Hopefully somebody can help because the car doesn't do anything right now :(

• rbm

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Dear Experts, Today I checked my rear suspension and drive a couple of meters after this without any problems. In the evening I would like to go for a ride but the car is completely dead. Not opening with key, no lights, no dashboard, no nothing. There“ zu „F11 530D production year 08/2010 completely dead relay 30 problem?“ geändert.
  • Have you opened up the car?

Open the hood and connect the charger to the terminals provided.

Ticking you have when battery is too low.

Nachrüstungen: NBT-EVO+G30-Display+ATM+CD+RTTi, ZBE4, ASD, KAFAS2, 2TB, 2VB, 302, 3AG, 5AC, 5AD, 5AG, 5AT, 5AR, 5DP, 688, 6NR, 6CP, 654, 6WB, 8TL,, Gent.Funktion, G30-Innenspiegel, AK-Motion-Display

• Ok will check asap. But than there would be a reason why the battery is draining. Do you normally here the ticking constantly when the battery is drained?

• There is a certain point. Load on the battery, voltage goes down and system switch off the load. Now no load on battery, the voltage is ok and system switch on. The game starts over…on…off…on…off. that's the ticking. Normaly this behavior is defective battery. You will find this error from defective battery in error memory from car i think.

Nachrüstungen: NBT-EVO+G30-Display+ATM+CD+RTTi, ZBE4, ASD, KAFAS2, 2TB, 2VB, 302, 3AG, 5AC, 5AD, 5AG, 5AT, 5AR, 5DP, 688, 6NR, 6CP, 654, 6WB, 8TL,, Gent.Funktion, G30-Innenspiegel, AK-Motion-Display

• Thanks battery is completely drained. Will try to jumpstart now or if this fails charge it. Can there be a leak somewhere around the point that I jacked the rear of the car at the tow bar and than put it on stands? Electrics there look completely normal.

• Can there be a leak somewhere around the point that I jacked the rear of the car at the tow bar and than put it on stands? Electrics there look completely normal.

Usually the equipment/cable is here inside. You can't destroy from outside.

Check the wire from the battery to the front.

Can you charge the battery from the connector in the front?

• Yes will try in a minute and then read the card with ISTA. Will keep you up to date. The strange thing is that I don't understand that energy management doesn't cut any drainage to preserve enough power to start the car?

• Normally the energy management make a cut off. If there is an error or the battery is defective at this point, it doesn't work.

• Jump started the car with another BMW. Waited first a couple of minutes and it started. After this there where a thousand of errors. One was concerning high usage or something. Took it for a drive. Did a reset and everything was oke. The most logical thing is I think an internal error in the battery because the car was jacked up pretty high so the battery was also in a curved position. Hopefully the problem is over now. Fingers crossed. Thanks for the help!

• Usually the equipment/cable is here inside. You can't destroy from outside. --> indeed. And when there is a shortage with such a high amperage battery the small wires would burn and won't drain the complete battery in a couple of hours I guess.