F11 530 xd oil level drops English

• Hello guys, i am very sorry that i have to write in English but my German is not that good.
    I own a f11 530 xd for six months now and i just got navi message for oil level dropped too low to the minmum. I havent noticed any oil spots under the car in the garage so i wonder what could have caused that? Is it normal for this cars to burn oil ? I have still maybe 5-6 k km to the next oil change deadline. The car is 11.2014 and is about 250 000 km.
    Thanks to all that would help in advance.

• Not normal if it happens suddenly... if you never checked that Menu item before it could be it was low since last service. Mine since new uses max 1/2 Liter in 25,000 KM.

If you can find the manual dipstick double check.

Any smell at all like when cold ?

Oil Temp right at 100 deg C when warmed up ? Normal is it stays right there except when really pushing it, max 115 C is all I’ve seen.

MFG,
    MunichMark
    2014 535XD
    Luxury Line
    Alpinweiss / Mocca
    AC Schnitzer FW 30-30
    Race Chip GTS Black - Eingetragen
    18" Pirelli PZ4 SC
    18” Michelin PA4 Winter

• No, i have checked the menu regularly once a month at least - oil level was in the green zone a little bit below the center point.Yes, oil temp stays 100 degress, when driving outside the city sometimes goes up to 110. What do you mean with smell when cold?

• oil level was in the green zone a little bit below the center point.

..which is okay, but relatively low. So it is quite normal that it asks for oil when it gets just a little bit lower.

Please doublecheck with the dipstick. It's on the left hand side of the engine near to the drivers cabin.

• I have just tripple checked with the dipstick on cool engine - it is right at the middle between min and max. I have started later on the engine just to check if the error is still there - no signal from the navi when i started the engine but in the vehicle status menu it is still shown that oil is at minimum level. Any ideas what to do next ?

• Ad half Liter of motoroil ("max" on dipstick).
    If the sensor still shows not enough oil, then the sensor has to be changed.
    But remember that it takes quite a while until the oillevel in the status menu changes => drive a couple of kilometers.

• Hello guys,
    We have a new scenario from this morning. I did a little driving without adding any oil and the navi now detects correct- it shows right in the middle as the dipstick. I suppose i have maybe driven through some hole and thats why the sensor have been bugged. I will make the suggested probe with adding half a litter just to check if it will show correctly again. Thanks to everyone for the help.

• We have a new scenario from this morning. I did a little driving without adding any oil and the navi now detects correct- it shows right in the middle as the dipstick. I suppose i have maybe driven through some hole and thats why the sensor have been bugged. I will make the suggested probe with adding half a litter just to check if it will show correctly again. Thanks to everyone for the help.

No, this is no new scenario - it's just the phenomenom I described in my last comment:

But remember that it takes quite a while until the oillevel in the status menu changes => drive a couple of kilometers.

• Hello again guys. Two weeks later after i got the same navi error. I have checked the navi almost every day since the last time i wrote you and it always showed oil level in the green sector - sometimes middle, sometimes lower than middle, sometimes higher than middle but still in the green sector. Two days ago the oil level at minimum signal showed again. I checked the dipstick on cool engine - right in the middle. Started engine - navi shows minimum. Decided to add half litter oil as you suggested. Dipstick showed maximum ot cool engine. The navi shows now in green but in the middle, not maximum. Is it normal to have a difference between dipstick and navi? Do i need to change the sensor and is it hard to be replaced, where is it located?
    Thank you