BMW 2011 530xd rpm shake (ENGLISH)

• Are you wondering if the correct SW is installed ? Dealer would be able to tell...

I suspect that if and when the Carbon Deposit cleaning was done it was not done fully or standard values not properly reset at the time.

Other than that don’t understand this shaking thing, if at or near idle only when cold points to Glow Plugs and or the Glow Plug Control Unit.

Mine does occasionally give a bit of very light what I’ll call coughing at about 1500 RPM and very light on the Gas. it’s definitely the EGR adjustment... Some time ago it was allowed to adjust to 0.7 but no more so I just have to live with it or shift a gear down. Again, hardly noticeable. In your case may just be the EGR setup as well...

MFG,
    MunichMark
    2014 535XD
    Luxury Line
    Alpinweiss / Mocca
    AC Schnitzer FW 30-30
    Race Chip GTS Black - Eingetragen
    18" Pirelli PZ4 SC
    18” Michelin PA4 Winter

• Ich habe dieses leichte Ruckeln auch! Am besten spüre ich es im 7. Gang bei 80-90kmh konstanter fahrt (Tempomat).

Ansaugbrücke kam neu, seit dem AGR off. Ansaugkanäle sind noch nicht gereinigt, das wollte der Händler nicht machen, waren aber nicht soo dreckig. Bin gestern nen LOG gefahren da ich es endlich geschafft habe zu reproduzieren, nichts auffälliges, vom Motor kommt es wohl nicht.

Es ist auch wenn Xdrive off, trotzdem VTG öl getauscht, ist immer noch.

Vermutung Wandler (WÜK) oder Getriebe. Weiss nur nicht wie prüfen?! Evtl in Rheingold oder Inpa schauen wann WÜK schliesst, vll ist es genau die Drehzahl?!

• wenn wirklich relativ ganz leichte ruckeln vorhanden ist wahrscheinlich immer noch wegen AGR, auch wenn nicht ganz sauber gemacht und adaptations Werte nicht richtig zurück gestellt...

My 2 cents...

Ich mache meine komplett sauber in nächste Zeit... am liebsten beim Fülli wenn ich ein Termin bekommen...

MFG,
    MunichMark
    2014 535XD
    Luxury Line
    Alpinweiss / Mocca
    AC Schnitzer FW 30-30
    18" Pirelli PZ4 SC
    18” Michelin PA4 Winter

• I also have the RPM moving in discrete steps when applying light throttle just like in your video. Also lots of new engine parts (egr, maf, walnut blasting,...) so I suspect it comes from the transmission. But no hard shifts once the transmission is warm.
    Same milage, same engine. I flashed my DME and EGS to the latest version, didn`t change anything.

• I also have the RPM moving in discrete steps when applying light throttle just like in your video. Also lots of new engine parts (egr, maf, walnut blasting, ...) so I suspect it comes from the transmission. But no hard shifts once the transmission is warm.
    Same milage, same engine. I flashed my DME and EGS to the latest version, didn't change anything.

do you have any hard downshifts? For example when you release gas pedal does downshifts slowing the car once engage lower gear?

• On mine it is not the Transmission or VTG, verified it is EGR related but not enough to worry about.

Also mainly happens when just reaching 100 Deg C Oil Temp or otherwise said when Engine is just warming up to normal operating temp.

MFG,
    MunichMark
    2014 535XD
    Luxury Line
    Alpinweiss / Mocca
    AC Schnitzer FW 30-30
    18" Pirelli PZ4 SC
    18” Michelin PA4 Winter

• Not sure if I understand you quite right.
    The downshifts are not that harsh, but noticeable. Upshifts are worse when the car is cold (first 3 gears at least).
    However, yes - the car does slow down when releasing the throttle at low speeds in the city, especially when the car is not in operating temperature.
    But I think this is normal due to the recuperation to charge the battery.

Is your problem the shifting itself or is the gear engaged and then you slow down?

• my problem is that when car engages from 4-3, 3-2 during downshift it stopping car and deacreasing speed very noticable. For example when I go 40km/h and release throttle car automatically slowing down, which is normal, but once time comes to downshift it shifts down with the "force" and stopping car a lot (from 30 to 15-20 or from 20 to 10) and I can feel thru my body that it just struggles shift to "neutral" and release the gear. If I brake downshifts acts normal. Im going to check transmission oil soon.