F series suspension lowering front

• Hello,

first sorry if I write in English, ... I have F07 witch is at front very high, I replace front shocks but situation is the same. So I found on net that Koni shocks are a little shorter than original. So Im thinking to cut at bottom al little (aprox 2 cm) and weld it again on....Anybody tried it yet?

• Uff... I didn ask what to do.....I know that is the simple way to change the springs. With them we can lose comfot and etc....if we shorten it at bottom about 2 cm and weld it back to U part we lowerd car for cca 3 cm and everything stays as original. If you see, koni is a little shorter than original. This option is better than lowered springs where the uper rubber on shock absorber has a little or nothing space.

• The lowering springs mustn't be shorter than the original ones. The winding on the bottom side is softer and on the top side harder so the car stands a little bit lower and as long as the street condition is ok the driving comfort stays nearly equal. If you cut your springs, the suspention reaction could get critical under loading and high cornering speeds

• Bojan,

If your Car really has 445K KM’s (based on some other posts from you) and original shocks I would recommend replacing all 4 Shocks and install 4 lowered Springs like suggested- Eibach Pro Kit...

If you don’t lower the back end a bit as well the handling, especially at higher speeds, will be pretty loose. This has been reported on F11’s where the back end was left at stock height.

Also note you’ll need to do a good Alignment adjustments, also rear and Headlight adjustment.

Some good reading; (sorry - German)

https://www.bilstein.com/de/de…er-sollten-sie-vermeiden/

MFG,
    MunichMark
    2014 535XD
    Luxury Line
    Alpinweiss / Mocca
    AC Schnitzer FW 30-30
    Race Chip GTS Black - Eingetragen
    18" Pirelli PZ4 SC
    18” Michelin PA4 Winter

• You re right, but I change all 4 shocks with Sachs, but car is high at front. The car is ok but front looks to high because the front fender arc is higer than back. Shock absorber in front has cca 2-3cm till he hits shock rubber. If we putt lower springs then shock is always on this rubber.... somebody cuts this rubber and itf better, but I will show you that is better to cut shock at bottom and all stays the same as original.....for this reason I ask if someone do it...

• Well, hard to say from here but if the proper Part Number Shocks were installed it should not have changed the ride height.

What some have reported is that when doing any front end work and all is not final tightened / torqued with full weight on the Car this situation happens.

Suggest if this is the case to Lift the Car, loosen all that was worked on and retorque with full weight.

This can be done in a Pit or placing the Car Tires at some height on wood blocks or similar. Just be careful !

MFG,
    MunichMark
    2014 535XD
    Luxury Line
    Alpinweiss / Mocca
    AC Schnitzer FW 30-30
    Race Chip GTS Black - Eingetragen
    18" Pirelli PZ4 SC
    18” Michelin PA4 Winter

• Im trying to say that is better option for lowering 2-3 cm that we cut shock absorber at bottom and weld it again like factory. Question is how much we cut it if we want to lower car for 3 cm. I must try on old shocks....I will report..

The car must be on wheels, then we tight arms and shock...